Due to the new opening of Istanbul's Airport, Turkish Airline is offering 5 x more status miles on each economy or business class flight out of the new airport (IATA code ISL) until the end of the year. You can get Star alliance Gold for well under 600€ this way, even for 350€ if you are lucky and find the dates.
Here the terms and conditions:
- The special offer is valid only for Economy Class and Business Class flights from/to Istanbul Airport between 31 October 2018 – 31 December 2018.
- Miles&Smiles members will earn 5 x more Status Miles within the scope of the offer.
- The flights, which are added to Miles&Smiles account until 31 December 2018, are included to the offer.
- Extra Miles to be earned from the special offer will be added collectively to the account at the end of the offer.
- The right of use cannot be transferred to third persons.
- The offer is only valid for scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid for Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance partner airline flights.
- Turkish Airlines reserves its legal rights against the parties concerned if a violation of the special offer terms and conditions is determined.
- Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, definitions or other information, and to cancel the special offer at any time.
Only a couple of destinations are yet available from the new ISL airport. Antalya and Ankara are 2 destinations available within Turkey, but are only flown once a day. A return flight in business class would normally earn you 2000 status points, but with this promotion you will earn a total of 10000 status points for every return flight.
In order to get Elite Status at Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles program, equivalent to Star Alliance Gold, you need to earn 40000 points.
So 4 inner Turkey business class flights will already bring you the Star Alliance Gold status with this promotion. The prices on these routes can go as low as 79€, but realistically you will pay around 140€. Best way to find prices is via Google Flights.
DOUBLECHECK BEFORE BOOKING THAT THE DEPARTURE AERODROME IS ISL! For 140€ you will also find prices the other way around which means that you could try to combine 2 business class trips on one day. So 4 business class trips should not cost you more than 560€ which can be considered a bargain for the Star Alliance Gold status for 2 years.
Be advised you must be willing to fly to Turkey and spent a couple of days there. As always we suggest making screenshots in case that something goes wrong or is not credited later on.
Thanks to insideflyer.