Alaska Airlines has launched a Mileage Plan miles sale with 30% discount. Below a list with redemption possibilities.
This gives you a mile purchase for 2.01 cents each. The Sale ends on June 30th.
The maximum number of miles you can purchase per transaction is 60000 pre-bonus, and you can purchase a total of up to 150000 miles per calendar year. Alaska elite member there’s no limit to how many miles you can buy.
What can you do with Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles?
Here a list for oneway flights.
On Cathay Pacific.
- US to Asia: 50000 in business and 70000 miles in first class
- US to Africa or Middle East: 62500 in business and 70000 miles in first class
- US to Australia: 60000 in business and 80000 miles in first class
- Europe to Hong Kong: 50000 in business and 70000 miles in first class
One of the best things about the Alaska Mileage Plan program is that you are allowed a stopover on a one-way award ticket. So first class from the US to Australia cost you 80.000 miles for travel in Cathay Pacific and you may do a stopover in Hong Kong, stay a few days and then continue to Australia on the same ticket.
On Japan Airlines.
- US to Japan: 60000 in business and 70000 miles in first class
- US to Southeast Asia: 65000 in business and 75000 miles in first class
- US to Australia & New Zealand : 55000 in business and 70000 miles in first class
On Fiji Airways:
- US to Australia/New Zealand : 55000 in business class
- US to South America : 45000 in business class
- US to Asia : 50000 in business class
Terms and conditions:
Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST June 24, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST June 30, 2019 to be eligible for the discount.
Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
*Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc. Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.