We will provide you with a list of all hotel loyalty programs offering hotel status extensions due to Coronavirus. Either some sort of status extension or extended re-qualify period.
Many hotels will give you the possibility now to extend your qualification period or even extend your status for a limited period of time.
Below you find a list of all hotel programs known to us allowing you some sort of extension, with updated hotels highlighted:
Bonus tier points and nights:
- Silver: 5 bonus nights & 1000 bonus points
- Gold: 15 bonus nights & 3500 bonus points
- Silver: 30 bonus nights & 7000 bonus points
- Silver: no bonus nights & 13000 bonus points
All members globally will maintain their current status through January 31, 2022 without needing to fulfill the necessary qualifications.
Members who downgraded a tier at the end of 2019 will be leveled-up to their previous tier and will maintain that status through January 31, 2022, without needing to fulfill the necessary qualifications.
All statuses extended until end of 2021.
- 2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension. We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.
All members’ program status will be automatically extended through January 2022.
Royal Ambassador status extended through January 2022.
Elite membership criteria required (nights or points) this year reduced by at least 25%.
12 month status extension.
Meliá will extend the current MeliáRewards membership tier for one year for Platinum, Gold and Silver members whose tier review is scheduled for between March 1, 2020 (from February 1, 2020 for members from Greater China) and December 31, 2020. The membership tier will remain unchanged even for those members who do not meet the minimum stays, nights or points requirement to remain in their tier. In consequence, for example, tier reviews that were due on March 1, 2020, will now be carried out on March 1, 2021.
Radisson has also extended the elite status of members through February 2022, for those that would have expired February 2021. In addition, e-certs earned using the Radisson Reward Visa card, that are scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.
All statuses extended until 31st December 2021.
World of Hyatt
One year extension of statuses until Feb. 2022 for all members.