Hilton announced that all statuses will remain valid for another year, reduced requirements to become an elite member and added many more perks.
Reduced elite requirements
Hilton announced that for the qualifying year 2021, they reduced the number of nights, stays or base points required to reach an elite level by half, translating into the following required nights or stays to become a Hilton status elite member:
- Silver: 5 nights or 2 stays
- Gold: 20 nights or 10 stays
- Diamond: 30 nights or 15 stays
This is great news as it will become quite easy to achieve an elite level at Hilton in 2021. (Check out the promotions below that makes it even easier…)
No Downgrade of Hilton status in 2021
All Elite members will keep their current Status through March 31, 2022. This is the second time Hilton extends the status of their members by a full year which is very generous.
Rollover of nights earned in 2020
All nights which have been earned in 2020 will count as nights for your 2021 qualifying year. This will give you a nice head start to reach your status in 2021 even faster, and the Hilton status will be valid through March 2023.
Access this promo here and see how to register.
Hilton status the easy way.
With all these ongoing promotions, some very nice opportunities arise. Due to the fact that until December 31 you will receive double night credits, the rollover of those nights to 2021 and that Hilton has reduced the required night for Elite Status the following scenario is possible.
- If you stay 10 nights until December 31 you will already become Hilton Gold.
- If you stay 15 nights until December 31 and will already become Hilton Diamond.
This status will be valid until March 2023!
Points extensions, Milestone Bonus faster and more
It does not stop here. Furthermore, Hilton offers now some more great perks for their customers:
- Points will not expire until December 31, 2021,
- Earn Milestone Bonuses in half the nights. Rack up 10,000 points for every 10 nights you stay, starting at 20 nights (instead of 40) in 2021.
- Diamond members who stay 30 nights (previously 60 nights) in 2021 will be able to give the gift of Gold status to a family member or friend. Stay 60 nights and your gift of Gold will be upgraded to Diamond (previously 100 nights)
Read all about Hilton's new perks here.
Hilton Honors so far is definitely that hotel loyalty scheme offering the best possibilities during COVID-19 times.
With all these perks, we will see if not only they can hold their loyal customers but might as well gain new ones.
If you enjoy our blog and would like to support us, you can buy us a coffee 😉