We will provide you with an 2022 updated Tutorial series about British Airways Executive Club.
Other avios partners program, Iberia, Aerclub…
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 1, Overview of the program and the different tiers
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 2, Other avios Partners and why you should register at all of them
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 3, Alternative ways to earn extra avios
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 4, Why the Silver status might be one of the best mid tier statuses out there
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 5, Top 5 Tier point runs out of Europe
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 6, Tier point runs in the rest of the world
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 7, Top 6 Avios redemptions you can make
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 8, More ways to use your Avios efficiently
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 9, BA Redemption Finder
- 2022 Avios peak and off-peak calendar
- Transferring AVIOS from Iberia Plus to British Airways Executive Club within Household Account
All partner programs of the Executive Club.
Avios, a shared currency
As we already described in the previous tutorial the currency at the Executive Club to redeem for reward flights is Avios. British Airways is not the only airline which uses Avios as a currency. Iberia, Aer Lingus and Vueling also use Avios. The best thing is that you can transfer Avios between all of those programs so that you can use them where you can redeem them best.
Let’s have a look at the other programs. You should go to all of these sites and create an account with them. You will then be able to take advantage of all Avios earning promotions no matter where they appear.
Iberia Plus is Iberia’s loyalty scheme and is probably the most interesting partner of the Executive Club. With Iberia, you can redeem your Avios for a much lower amount of fees for reward flights, for example to the US, but we will come to that in a different part of the tutorial series. Furthermore, their off-peak and peak calendars are different from than those of British Airways which could give you a decent value sometimes.
You can now combine your Avios with British Airways at BA’s site or Iberia’s site under “combine my avios”. Just be aware that your Iberia Plus account needs to be at least 90 days old and activated before combining your Avios will work.
An account will be activated if you somehow earn at least one single Avios. This can be achieved relatively easy as Groupon.es often sells Avios for a very good price.
The next time a Groupon.es Avios Sale is available, you may buy the cheapest package, in order to get your account activated.
Avios.com – AerClub and Vueling Club
Avios.com now partnered up with Aer Lingus and Vueling. Usually it is sufficient to head to the Aer Lingus website of the AerClub and create an account there. Those logins are also valid at avios.com, and on the avios.com website you can access your AerClub’s Avios balance. Now you are able to also combine your Avios from avios.com with British Airways or Iberia. Groupon.ie recently also had an offer to buy Avios for the Aerclub.
You should have an account at all 3 of these programs to make sure that you can always make use of every promotion available over the different programs. You need to activate your Iberia Plus account, so you can easily transfer your Avios between all of these programs.
Continue reading with British Airways Executive Club – Part 3, Alternative ways to earn extra avios
If you enjoy our blog and would like to support us, you can buy us a coffee 😉