Top tier point runs outside Europe.
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 1, Overview of the program and the different tiers
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 2, Other avios Partners and why you should register at all of them
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 3, Alternative ways to earn extra avios
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 4, Why the Silver status might be one of the best mid tier statuses out there
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 5, Top 5 Tier point runs out of Europe
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 6, Tier point runs in the rest of the world
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 7, Top 6 Avios redemptions you can make
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 8, More ways to use your Avios efficiently
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 9, BA Redemption Finder
- 2020 Avios peak and off-peak calendar
- 2021 Avios peak and off-peak calendar
- Transferring AVIOS from Iberia Plus to British Airways Executive Club within Household Account
We try to summarize some nice tier point runs not originating in Europe which are widely available to book and don't need a promotional fare. Furthermore, we provide you with examples which are not too crazy, and we only look into fares in business or first class.
Tier point runs out of the rest of the world
Malaysia Airlines to Kathmandu from Kuala Lumpur or Penang in business for 280/360 tier points and 400/500€
Malaysia Airlines always offers good fares to Kathmandu from Kuala Lumpur, and one single leg will earn you 140 tier points in business class. For a return flight you will earn 280 tier points.
From Penang, the flights are just a little more expensive and you will earn and extra 80 tier points for a total of 360 tier points.
- From Kuala Lumpur for under 400€
- From Penang for under 500€
Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur or Penang to Asia in business for 280/360 tier points from 500€/600€
A couple of more cities in Asia are available for a decent price which will give you 140 tier points per leg. Also here, flights from Penang are just a little bit more expesive and you earn an additional 80 tier points. Some Examples:
- To Beijing under 670€
- To Shanghai under 500€
- To Taipei under 500€
- To Seoul under 700€
Flights from Penang are usually around 100€ more expensive for the extra 80 tier points.
SriLankan from Jakarta to United Arab Emirates in business for 560 tier points under 800€
These flights via Colombo will give you an excellent value for money in terms of tier points, as you will earn 140 tier points for each and every leg for a total of 560 tier points. This means that with a single return flight you are already very close to the needed 600 tier points for the silver status.
- To Dubai under 900€
- To Bahrain under 850€
- To Abu Dhabi under 900€
American transcontinental flights in the US for 420 tier points in domestic first class from 870$
Not the best tier point/money ratio, but at least you will earn 420 of them if you book into domestic first and you will have a nonstop flight. Convenient if you happen to travel the US anyway. Many city pairs are available, from the east to the west coast and vice versa. The one giving you the best price is probably Los Angeles to Orlando return for 870$
SriLankan from Chennai to Dubai in business for 360 tier points under 600€
The extra flight from Chennai to Dubai will earn you 40 tier points per leg and Colombo to Dubai as mentioned before another 140 tier points per leg.
Cathay from Guangzhou to Bangkok or Taipei in business for 160 tier points under 450€ (often cheaper, around 350€ during sales)
With Cathay or Cathay Dragon you have some fares via Hong Kong which are not to expensive but not really cheap either. The return flights will earn you 160 tier points. They are interesting if you need a positioning flight out of China, as many more Chinese cities are available for 100€ more. For these routes, sales are often available reducing the price drastically.
- To Bangkok under 600€
- To Taipei under 470€
As you can see, many ways exist around the world to earn you the tier points you need to reach your desired status level. You can easily combine these flights with a nice holiday.
Continue reading with British Airways Executive Club – Part 7, Top 6 Avios redemptions you can make