More ways to use your Avios in business or first class.
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 1, Overview of the program and the different tiers
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 2, Other avios Partners and why you should register at all of them
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 3, Alternative ways to earn extra avios
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 4, Why the Silver status might be one of the best mid tier statuses out there
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 5, Top 6 Tier point runs out of Europe
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 6, Tier point runs in the rest of the world
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 7, Top 6 Avios redemptions you can make
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 8, More ways to use your Avios efficiently
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 9, BA Redemption Finder
- 2022 Avios peak and off-peak calendar
- All British Airways Club World Suite routes
- Transferring Avios from Iberia Plus to British Airways Executive Club within Household Account
Additional ways to use your Avios efficiently
Cathay Pacific – business class Hong Kong to Europe for 129,000/99,000 avios
Cathay Pacific first class is an exceptional way to travel in style. You have your own small suite in a rather private cabin with only 6 seats. Considering that their first class redemptions are only 20000 avios more than business class, with the same low amount of around 85€ in fees, this is a perfect way to use your avios. Their business class is also very good, and in terms of availability more open than their first class. More cities in Europe are available like for example London or Zürich, but availability seems to be best to Frankfurt.
Qatar Airways – Business class Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires for 15,000 avios
If you are ever in need of a flight from Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires or vice versa… With the 5th freedom route of Qatar Airways, all you need are 15000 avios and around 25€ to travel this route in a lie flat seat.
Cathay Pacific – Business class Hong Kong to Taipei for 9000 avios
Some more nice ways to fly Cathay Pacific are domestic flights. Hong Kong to Taipei operated by a wide body aircraft, so you can score a fully business class seat for only 9000 avios and a small fee.
Qantas – Business class on a domestic flight for 9000 avios
Domestic business class flights within Australia with Qantas are 9000 avios, depending on your route for a one way business class ticket. Taxes and fees can be neglected so you can fly from, Melbourne to Sydney for only 9000 avios.
Qantas – Business class Sydney to Auckland for 20,000 avios
Even more interesting is the possibility to fly in business class with Qantas to New Zealand. For 20,000 avios and around 75€ in fees, you could fly from Sydney to Auckland in business class one way, on this rather long short-haul flight.
There are many ways to use your avios efficiently on nearly any continent in premium classes. If you have more ideas on flights which are missing on our list here and in our top 5, feel free to comment or contact us so that we can update the list.
Continue reading with British Airways Executive Club – Part 9, BA Redemption Finder
If you enjoy our blog and would like to support us, you can buy us a coffee 😉
2 comments on “British Airways Executive Club – Part 8, More ways to use your Avios efficiently”