We will provide you with an updated Tutorial series about British Airways Executive Club.
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 1, Overview of the program and the different tiers
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 2, Other avios Partners and why you should register at all of them
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 3, Alternative ways to earn extra avios
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 4, Why the Silver status might be one of the best mid tier statuses out there
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 5, Top 6 Tier point runs out of Europe
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 6, Tier point runs in the rest of the world
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 7, Top 6 Avios redemptions you can make
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 8, More ways to use your Avios efficiently
- British Airways Executive Club – Part 9, BA Redemption Finder
- 2022 Avios peal and off-peak calendar
- Transferring AVIOS from Iberia Plus to British Airways Executive Club within Household Account
Overview of British Airways Executive Club.
Executive Club is British Airways’ loyalty scheme. You can earn Tier points to earn a status and Avios to redeem for flights. You will earn points not only with British Airways flights but also with all other oneworld member.
Different Status levels and their benefits
British Airways has 4 different Status levels. You move up the tiers by collecting Tier points, which will be described later on in this post.
Blue (Upon registering), Bronze (300 tier points & 2 BA flight or 25 flights if you don’t have 300 tier points), Silver (600 tier points and 4 BA flights or 50 flights if you do not have 600 tier points) and Gold (1500 tier points).
Tier points have to be earned during one year, and the beginning for each collecting year is the Date you have signed up for the Executive club. Most of the time it is easier to earn the status with tier points than with the required number of flights.
Tier Point requirements
- 300 tier points for Bronze
- 600 tier points for Silver
- 1500 tier points for Gold
Benefits for the different Status levels
Benefits for Bronze
- Priority check in and boarding.
- Free seat selection 7 days before departure.
- 25% bonus Avios.
Additional Benefits for Silver
- Free seat selection at booking.
- Access to business lounges.
- Extra baggage allowance.
- 50% bonus Avios.
- Fast security track at London Heathrow Airport.
The silver status is especially valuable due to the lounge entry and free seat selection in advance. More on that in a later part of our tutorial series.
Additional Benefits for Gold
- First class check in and boarding.
- Access to First lounges.
- More Extra baggage allowance.
- Additional reward flight availability.
- 100% bonus Avios.
Further Tier Points thresholds and Benefits
- 2500 Tier Points – A Gold Upgrade for Two (GUF2) voucher. Allows you to upgrade a cash ticket to the next cabin for yourself and a companion.
- 3500 Tier Points – Two Gold Upgrade for One vouchers.
- 5000 Tier Points – A Concorde Room card and Gold Guest List membership (3750 tier points in 2022)
Lifetime Tier Points
- At 35000 Lifetime Tier Points, you’ll earn Gold for Life or Lifetime Gold status. This means that you will retain Gold status each year and all the associated benefits, irrespective of whether you reach 1500 Tier Points or not.
- At 100000 Lifetime Tier Points, you’ll earn Gold Guest List for Life status. As with Lifetime Gold status, this means you no longer need to earn at least 3,000 Tier Points each year. Gold Guest List for Life status also comes with a Concorde Room card.
Difference between Avios and Tier points
The Executive Club has 2 different points systems. On every flight you collect Avios which you can redeem for reward flight and Tier points which count towards your status. You can visit the avios calculator to see how many avios and tier points you will earn for a specific flight.
For example, a business class flight from Luxembourg to London will earn you 40 Tier points and 750 avios as a Blue member.
If you enjoy our blog and would like to support us, you can buy us a coffee 😉