Cancel a flight and get money back
You’ve booked a non refundable flight, and for some reason you wish to cancel that flight, wouldn’t it be nice to have an easy and fast way to get part of the money back, and that even retroactively for flights the last 3 years which you didn’t take? Even though you have the right to get part of the price back (taxes), airlines would like you to think that a non refundable ticket means that you will receive no money back from them at all.
There’s now an easy way to get the money back you are entitled to, it’s called Geld für Flug.de, and it works.
We’ve booked a one-way flight for around 80€ and we couldn’t take the flight as our plans changed on very short-term. So we tried Geld für Flug. We entered our flight details and about a day later we got a non-binding offer. You can accept this offer immediately online. In our case it was around 30€, which is not bad as airlines don’t want to pay you anything back.
The process is easy and super fast, all is done via their homepage and you may get paid via paypal as well. Only in some cases they might sent you a letter which you have to sign and send back, but that’s not always the case.
For the moment there’s only one catch, this service is only available if you have an address in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. But they plan to change that in the future.
Here’s the description from the homepage:
This is how it works
If you cancel your flight through Geld-für-Flug.de, you will receive your money immediately and without a fuss. But how does it work? We would love to explain that to you in the following points.
How does the cancellation work?
- You fill out all the necessary data related to the flight in the provided form. Once we receive the required information, we will be able to evaluate the data.
- After a short delay, you will receive a non-binding offer for your flight. You will know in a timely fashion whether or not we are interested in buying your ticket, and how much money you would receive for said flight.
- If you are convinced by our offer and decide to sell your ticket to us, you will receive the agreed amount per bank wire transfer within 24 hours. Quick, safe, and simple – you receive your money.
What is in it for us?
Like our name indicates, we from Geld-für-Flug.de buy your flight ticket in order to cancel it with the respective airline. If you’ve accepted our offer and consequently sold us your flight, we will proceed to demand a refund from the airline, therefore make use of any legal measures necessary. No matter how long this process takes: you have already received your money and do not have to spend time or energy to get the refund.
Your benefits with Geld-für-Flug.de?
- Quick, non-binding contract: You will know how much we will offer you for your flight shortly after you have provided us with the necessary flight information. You will receive a fair offer, and do not need to accept it if you do not wish to.
- Receive your money without a fuss: If you choose to cancel your flight with us, you will receive your money within 24 hours. We use a direct bank wire transfer to your given bank account to make this possible.
- Save yourself any legal expenses: With Geld-für-Flug.de you do not need to make use of a lawyer to get your money back. You simply receive an offer, which, once you accept, settles the matter for you without much bureaucracy.
- No lengthy negotiations: Instead of having to lead lengthy negotiations with the airlines yourself, you can cancel your flight quickly and save yourself time as well as your nerves.
If you enjoy our blog and would like to support us, you can buy us a coffee 😉